TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about everybody's thoughts on this. Stickers vs. sponsorships. I work with a guy who has a Scion tC and he was talking about how he had some sponsorships on his old Neon and how he's already got one for his new car (how true this is, I dunno). But he was saying how this new company (can't think of it, some not known company I'm sure) is sending him two tv's for his car. Anywho, I've been looking online at some audio companies for sponsorships....I'm in need of some new speakers. Of course the requirement is that you have to have a sticker on your car for the company. So....would you put stickers on your car for free stuff?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've looked at stickers this way.

Ricers put stickers on thier car because they think it gives them a "competition" look. Unfortunately they do this regardless of what may or may not be installed on the car.

Putting stickers on your car to designate what equipment actually is on the car is better but you are still paying someone to use thier equipment and to advertise for them.

True sponsers will supply money and parts in exchange for advertising. If someone actually is giving me parts, then I'd say they have earned some advertising from me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I absolutely would. I would choose the companies and stickers though. Not just gonna put anything in my window or on the body. I already (sticker) support k&n, flowmaster and tccoa.com without any kickbacks.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It is a good idea, but make sure you know what you are getting into. Don't let someone spatter some propaganda crookedly across the side of your car :D j/k

I seen a chopper painted black with Jack Daniels logos all over it at a bike show a few years ago. He actually went to them and seen if they would sponsor his bike. It was completely professionaly painted and air brushed. They also paid the bike off and in return he had to go to a certian number of bike shows for X amount of years with a couple of beautiful models by his side. :headbang:

I'd say give it a shot, the worst thing they will say is no!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts