TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have problems of overheat.

I replaced the radator cap and the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor and the fan only start then the gauge its on the "M"

i check some post about some guys who had the same problem.. They remplaced the Ecc sensor.. is true?

Exist the Temperature Sending Unit on the SCs?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The temp gauges on our cars are a joke, just a little better than our oil gauge.
The sensor for the gauge and the sensor for the fan are different. We really need to know what the degree of temperture it is. Maybe adding an aftermarket gauge would be the answer.
We have a laser thermometer that we can point at anything and get a digital readout.
I think that as long as your fan is coming on, you don't have a problem. Does it go on when you turn the defroster on? Whenever Iwant my fan to go on, I just turn the defroster on. Good luck

·
Registered
507 Posts
now, i dont remember who told me this because it was a couple months ago, but there is a way to keep the fan on constantly. there is a small computer right in front of the air box, and there is a wiring harness that comes out of it. the #14 wire coming out of it (its like orange and white) is connected to the sensor that turns the fan on and off, if u cut that wire the fan will stay on constanly. now i'd try and find out more about this if i were you but i tried it and it worked, but thats just a suggestion.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Another way to keep it on all the time is by pulling the coolant temp sensor. It will throw a check engine light but the fan will stay on at all times for the computer doesn't know the temperture of the car. This works best if you start the car with it connected and then pull it once its running for sometimes it will give ya a hard time when its trying to start that way.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry to hard...mine comes on around the same time too. As long as its not on the H or past...drive on.

-Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts