TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I don't even know if most of you remember me, but I figured for those few who do (and the fewer who care), I'd pop in and let you know how I've been doing.

As you might know, I wrecked my last Thunderbird shortly before heading to OCS. Well, I graduated, and let me say that few things will take your mind off wrecking your favorite car like going through OCS, although there were a few days there where I was genuinely depressed that I didn't have the car anymore.

Like I said, I made it through successfully, so I'm now a boot 2ndLt in the Marine Corps. For now, I'm back home on Long Island on PTAD orders working as a recruiter's assistant. I head back down to Quantico for TBS next month.

As for the car situation, in true boot fashion I took out a loan and bought myself a truck. As of today, I'm driving around in a 2010 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. It's pretty nice, and definitely a big change from Thunderbirds (which were, until now, the only cars I've owned).

I'm not sure now if I'll end up picking up another Bird - they're getting harder and harder to find in general, let alone in decent shape. At the same time, they definitely hold a certain sentimental value to me, so there's a decent chance I'll end up buying one at some point and building it up. We'll see.

Anyway, that's it! Hope everything's been going well for all you guys here.

·
Administrator
8,007 Posts
Hey Alex,

Good to here from you and glad everything is working out for you! :usa:

Joe

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well hope you find your self a good bird again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts