TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there was no heat in my 94 xr7 v8. First I replaced the thermostat. That didn't work. Just got her back together after putting a new heater core. The old heater core was packed full of whatever they put in blue devil. still no heat...I didn't drain the old coolant, do you think that where I went wrong? I'm feeling pretty foolish for not replacing all of the radiator fluid. Or maybe I installed the thermostat wrong, anyways I'm at a lost.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
When you say you have no heat, do you have zero heat or just weak heat?

Try this- when the car engine is warm and the heat has been turned off for a while, turn the heat on and see if it gives you anything. Even for just a few seconds. This should tell you of the problem is a re-plugged core or a problem at the blend door.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I'll give it a go on my way to work tomorrow. Its kinda warm in michigan today so I cant tell if its the ambient air temp or if the heater core is doing its job. Right now i'm just thankful it started after tearing it apart :D

·
Super Moderator
97 Thunderbird 4.6, 98 Mark VIII LSC
11,170 Posts
Can you shoot the hoses going to/from the core with an infrared thermometer to ensure it's hot?

Air coming off the blower motor always passes over the AC evaporator, then depending on what the blend door does, may or may not go over the heater core. So I'm thinking that's where you should focus your energy...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After taking the blending door actuator out, then putting it back in. HEAT. Not sure why. The plunger on the actuator only goes in if it is lined up(3 square sides one rounded), so I couldn't have put it in wrong after changing the heater core. Loose electric? I didnt even unplug the harness that was attached to the actuator. Thanks for the help. This community is awesome, you guys helped out a ton!

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
9,140 Posts
Do think it was the blend door all along? It would suck if it was just that after doing all that work! :eek:

Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
certainly not. I read that cracked radiators and gaskets going around the 100k mark(mine's around 70k, who knows though as that odometer is a pos) has taken out a lot of cougars in the past. So I did the liquid sealer fix and that clogged the **** out of the heater core. no idea why the blender was not working after I switched out the core, taking the actuator out and putting it back in fixed it though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.