TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok finding out my stock 4r70w is not dieing....im planing on buying a cooler for it and flushing the fluid...how long does it take....and how much does it cost......to update the accumulator springs in this car?...or is this done when you do the j mod?....im looking at doing that also

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also how much does the j mod cost usually

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Change the fluid when you do the J-Mod. It took me about 5 hrs working alone and never having done it before. I can look up some prices when I get home if you do not get other replies. Bigest cost is the Mercon and the filter. Buy a Ford filter as the after market ones dont seem to fit well at least the one I had didn't.

T

·
8,239 Posts
these questions have been answered probably a thousand times on this very forum. Check out the search function on the page, and you will learn alot of good info.

The parts for the jmod come to well under 100 bucks for everything including fluid. If you have a 94-95 then you need to get the 96+ deep sump pan so its about 15 bucks more.

Also, get a transmission cooler, and plan on buying more oil hose, because it does not come with enough. I got my B&M cooler on summitracing.com for about 35-45 bucks I think.

JH

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Just say 97 pan and filter when ordering. some 96's had the old pan and it's a hassle to get the right filter if you say 96.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts