TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this information? I am putting these in my car because I assume they will be better than what I have but I have no idea the rating of them.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
There is no such thing as a 1989 Turbo Coupe...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
88, typo. MB.

Jeremy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure, never measured. Just been told it's 7 inches longer than a Mustang. Any idea on the rear springs?

Jeremy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^HAHAHA^ Family Truckster!!

Take one 89 XR7 Cougar and one 85 Mercury Marquis wagon, swap over nearly everything imaginable to the Marquis and you have what I'm making :D

Jeremy

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
^HAHAHA^ Family Truckster!!

Take one 89 XR7 Cougar and one 85 Mercury Marquis wagon, swap over nearly everything imaginable to the Marquis and you have what I'm making :D

Jeremy
OH....OH!! so it's basically a 3.8 SC in a wagon?!?! Now there's an interesting never-before-done swap....pics? Sounds neat...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes sir!! It's not done yet but I do have some pics of the motor in my old car. I have since gotten a near mint LTD to do the swap in :D

Jeremy

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm not sure, never measured. Just been told it's 7 inches longer than a Mustang. Any idea on the rear springs?

Jeremy
most of that is the nose....

·
Registered
109 Posts
ok lets see what I can dig up for you ....
105.6 wheel base v6 auto trans w/air the rate is 383 lbs front 266 rear
the 114.3 wheel base would be the GRAND Marquis.....

now the the thunderbird TC 462 rate front 249 rear

if you need the height specs let me know.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up breaking down and putting a built 351w in it cause I thought it would be easier... Nothing is ever easy.

I'm now setting up the suspension, thanks for the replies guys... It's been a long time!! I found some Moroso drag springs (100 and 110) spring rate BUT it sits way too low on the drivers side. Perfect on the passenger. I even have the passenger LCA lowered all of the way and the drivers all of the way up. They are Granatelli weight jackers. I think I'll put the TC springs back in and see how it sits. Might have to go back to the stockers if they have a bit more spring rate.

Jeremy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I'm on my smartphone...

With the stock fuel line the fastest I got was a 9.85, but it ran out of fuel in the top of third. New fuel line I've gotten several clean runs, my fastest was a 9.98 but my 60' was over .5 slower... Too much wheel spin now with the extra power.

Trap speed is a smidge under 80mph.

Stock with the 200 I-6 It's suppose to be 3150. I haven't weighed it with the small block yet.

Jeremy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts