TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
stock crank pulley?? *Pics Added!!*

ok well finally after finding out why my belt keeps commin off and after refusing the pay pepboys for a 4th time to tear down my car again, i need to know if there is a crank pulley diagram??? looks like the pulley is set too far back. which is why im thinking (and pepboys said too) that the other place i had put my water pump in, either didnt put the spacer back in or put the wrong pulley on (but if it was the wrong pulley then how would the stock belt fit??) pepboys told me they had to wait till today(monday) to get a blown up diagram from Ford to see what was missing. but i pulled my car 2 days ago. it also doesnt make sense (then again i dont know motors inside and out) but why would they of had to pull my crank pulley to put the water pump in?? thanks for the help in advanced!

here are the pics i was able to get today.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
your first mistake was letting pep boys work on your car.

our cars do not come with spacers. sounds like a water pump with a different length snout was installed, or an incorrect wp or crank pulley was installed. the crank pulley doesnt need to come off to change out a water pump.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
spacer

hello

Yes, There is a spacer. I need one. However my pulleys are not for a Tbird. I think they came from a Lincoln town car 5.0 or early 90 Crown Vic.

Mine it about 3/8in thick. The Ford racing book lists .350, .950, .875

So who ever changed your Water pump might have your spacer. I would check there first. They might even have the wrong spacer in.

Good luck

Paul

·
Banned
538 Posts
There should be no need for a spacer. Something isnt right as far as the alignment the water pump snout is wrong. It is more than likely a WP off an explorer with the short nose design. Take it back to the guys that put the waterpump on because I have never seen a spacer on any 5.0 STOCK. and if you have all stock stuff why should it be wrong now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right but the problem is, i had this water pump done last year. kinda late to be bringing it back to them, seeing as there prolly not going to do anything. but ya the crank pulley seems to be farther back then the rest. im kinda stuck, and my belt doesnt constantly fall off either. i dunno what to do.

·
6,910 Posts
see if you can get a pic of this pump. if its the wrong one, then its not hard to replace. just tough to get to. i wonder if you have an incorrect pulley somewhere.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok ill see if i can get a straight shot of the waterpump. but the belt seems snug like it should. since the waterpump, ive had power steeringpump(assembly and pulley), tensioner(assembly/pulley), and idler pulley all done. and if its the wrong crank pulley, i might just go with the u/d kit. but ya ill post pics asap, its kinda ****ty outside right now

·
6,910 Posts
is there a part number to the pump that you can see?

do the 5.0 clutch fans have a flange that bolts to the water pump pulley? my 3.8 does, so i figured the 5.0s would be the same. i dont see a flange there.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill try and see if i can get the part number off the pump. but right now its raining and its ****ty out so ya hopefully tomorrow

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Wonder i the crank pulley could be installed backwards?
Not possible...however, if your using an aftermarket balancer, they do require a spacer that is about 1/2" thick between the balancer and crank pulley.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Does the clutch fan screw on the pump or bolt on? I don't have any spacer on my car. I'm going to end up redoing all of it soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dunno, hopefully in a few hours it will be nicer out, and ill get the number off the pump, maybe that will help figure it out?? it just sucks because its already been replaced and next think would be a spacer but eh i dunno ill let yall know when i get the number

1 - 17 of 17 Posts