TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the stock exhaust manifold outlet diameter for a '95 4.6?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
reason for question? just curious... because it doesn't really matter if you want to enlarge it unless you open up the inside as well... i can get a measurement for you in a little bit if no one responds before me

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just don't want to do a 2.5" custom exhaust if the outlet diameter is only 2.25". I'd have all that space for flow for nothing.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I want to know this too actually. If someone could get the runner dia as well that would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i have a set of ported braincoated manifolds and a set of stockers

if i get the ok from tbirdbrain, i'll post the numbers. there isn't much different in the outlet or the inlets...but the meat in the middle... i have no way of measuring runner diameter inside the manifold...but i know how much was taken out

for the record.. RobertP has brain coated super ported manifolds and 2.25" compression bent exhaust...and runs 11s

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I'm not doubting the potential of the stock manifolds. In fact, I talked a guy out of spending $$$ on the jbas in favor of the stock; citing the guys running 11s with ported stockers. I'm trying to setup a group purchase for true dual exhaust for the local club, I just need to know what size would be the best to go with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts