TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering if any of you have any tricks on removing the passenger side converter?? The drivers side i looks pretty straight forward but the passenger side looks a little more difficult. Would removing the starter help any?? I have the ART exhaust coming so i wanna get some info on removing it before hand so i dont get tied up. Any suggestions would be cool thanks

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i took a look under it last week to see what i'm up against and it looks a little tight in there, but i'll see what i can do when i put on my new exhaust thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
i just got through doing it a few days ago....all you need (to make it really easy) is some WD-40 to help the threads let loose, and a long extension, preferably with a u-joint on the end, and a deep socket to go over the stud to remove the nut.

if the threads are really stubborn and don't wanna let loose, be sure to use a breaker bar instead of a ratchet, or you will bust the ratcheting gears inside it....in other words, don't use a cheater bar on your ratchet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts