TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what you're thinking.."Not another GT40P header post!?!"

I assure you, this one is not like the others..lol

I am waiting until I have funds available for headers (long tubes preferably) before I upgrade, however I may have a head gasket issue that is developing and if I am pulling the stock heads off, I may as well replace them with better than stock heads (already have them in my shop)

My question is this, I was researching my heads the other day and stumbled upon a little piece of information that got me thinking..

In one of the mustang forums there were several discussions on this topic and one of the replies stated that you can use 90 lincoln manifolds on the gt40p heads with no problem. I know this is not ideal because they are a bit restrictive when compared to 1 5/8" headers but for the time being if this is all I have then will this work until I can "upgrade"?

Let me know guys!

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Your stock tbird manifolds will not even come close to clearing the plugs on the P heads. A 90 Lincoln with a 5.0 would be either a MarkVII (in which case the driver's header won't clear the steering shaft) or a Town Car, which I doubt anyone has tried to install in a Tbird before but would likely run into the same problem. I have run P heads on the lemons car, and there were only 2 ways that we were able to do it. One is with the steering shaft mod, stock fox-body mustang shorty headers, and a spacer made from the flange of the stock explorer manifold, and the other way is running the MAC long-tubes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I guess they were probably referring to a mustang (more than likely since it was a mustang forum) but thanks for saving me the headache of searching for a set and finding that it was a waste of time/$$

I think I'll have to just wait to install them until I get a decent set of headers then! THANKS!!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
gt40p's

Hello

I run factory fox manifolds on my 351w with gt40p heads.

as stated drivers side a BIG issue.

I have A steering mod, different than most.
had to reform a couple of the runners.

work good.
still cook wires every once awhile.

I do run a hott! engine. hit 280* last race.
Do to a lean condition from a 2bbl carb @ 6000+ rpm
I use copper gaskets.

:wavey:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts