TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was involved in a fender bender. Her car hit against the side of mine, and kept going for about 5-6 feet. Het bumper pushed against my rim, and scuffed it all up.

I really like the silver rims... for now. What do you guys think will be the best way to clean these up. All the rims are sorta scuffed, this one is just really bad.

Can i sand down the rims, and try painting them? What sort of paint should be used? etc etc

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Yes, the wheel(s) can be sanded and repainted. Most auto parts stores should have a selection of wheel paints.

-Rod

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, that'll save me some money on just buying new rims... now... what color to go with, lol

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
So my car was involved in a fender bender. Her car hit against the side of mine, and kept going for about 5-6 feet. Het bumper pushed against my rim, and scuffed it all up.

I really like the silver rims... for now. What do you guys think will be the best way to clean these up. All the rims are sorta scuffed, this one is just really bad.

Can i sand down the rims, and try painting them? What sort of paint should be used? etc etc
what is it with this month and us wrecking our birds and cougars?!? lol

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,808 Posts
Because of fuel prices peps are talking out there madness on the roads . Seams that way here in Philly anyway.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is it with this month and us wrecking our birds and cougars?!? lol
i dont know, but my inner tie rod is not shaped as the letter "L". It was 100% her fault, and the cougars hurting, but still ok. I'm gonna charge her to fix the repairs

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i dont know, but my inner tie rod is not shaped as the letter "L".
hah your funny... neither is mine.. i changed it about an hour ago lol the car drives straighter not than it did before the accident too... lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet. I'm going to take the cougar in tomorrow for a inspection to make sure nothing was bent when she hit the rim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts