TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What temperature does the stock thermostat open up at? And also what temps are available for the 4.6l? I know that 160* is way to cool for stock FI cars and was reading that you prob should get a tune to adjust the fan timing for the 180* stat.

I’m kind of tempted to go with the 180* stat but would like some opinions first.

Thanks,

- Dave

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
stock is 195º

to take full advantage of a lower temp Tstat, fan settings must be adjusted accordingly......you can also run a couple extra degrees of timing at WOT with a lower temp Tstat, in an effort to squeeze as much juice outta your engine

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So would a 180º stat cause any issues with the stock fan settings? I plan on getting a tune sometime but it won’t be for a while. I’m flushing the coolant soon and would like to just throw in the 180º stat now if it won’t hurt anything.

It really never gets that hot in Maine so I’m guessing it would be fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
leave the stocker there for now....it will do absolutely nothing for you at this point

94tbird46, the fan turn-on/turn-off settings are in the computer....the computer sends a signal to the Integrated Control Relay Module, which in turn sends power to the low or high speed wires going into the fan

·
The Parts Guy
7,297 Posts

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
ya.. in maine... it don't matter too much :) matters a bit for us down this side of the planet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts