TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working part time at Advance auto so I can get them relativly cheap. We carry the Manroe sens-a-trac shocks for the rear of the IRS cobras so I was thinking of going with that or we have the heavy duty Monroe gas-matic shocks made for the bird. I have the Eibach pro-kit springs on it now and was lookin to stiffen the rear up a bit more. Even though they're not the Bilsteins would the cobra sens-a-tracs be stiffer than any stock bird shock or would those heavy duty bird shocks be the way to go? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
I can't say for certain, but I would venture to say this...

Manufacturers probably keep the valving the same between shock families. E.G. one sensatrac is valved the same as another on a different car. The dynamics and characteristics of the car would be more influence on the way the shock responds.

Again, just speculation on my part.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speculation from someone who knows alot more about this stuff than I do is good advice to me. Thanks Brandon. I took both down and checked to see how hard they were to compress and they felt about the same to me. Its hard to tell.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I will not use monroes on a mn12 they just don't feel right. I use them on everything else however. For stock replacement the gabriels seem to work better and are dirt cheap.
Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts