TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got ready to go to the store this morning and had no car to drive. Sometimes, during the night, someone ripped off my pride and joy! What a sick feeling I have in the bottom of my stomach. It's like losing a family member. WE live in a gated community with cameras, etc, and I really thought my Bird would be safe here. What a laugh. It just shows you that if somebody wants your car bad enough they will find a way to steal it. So, after reporting it to the police, I went to the office and asked to see the entrance and exit photos, hoping to be able to see when and who took the car. It seems the security cameras haven't worked for the past few months. So, it seems I'm out of luck there. Also, I didn't receive much encouragement fro the Sheriff's Dept. The cops said it was probably heading for a strip down for the wheels, stereo, etc. Considering that I don't have theft coverage, I guess I'm just SOL.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
Jezz sorry to hear :( Best of luck your way

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Bet it's someone on the security or one of their friends. Too many cars are in unsecured area and not being stolen for one to be stolen from a secured area unless the person knew it wasn't working. I't would be different it it were a $25,000+ car. These cars just aren't hot to most people.
Alan

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Sideoiler, watch eBay and such for sale of your parts. You may catch the crooks that way.

·
Administrator
748 Posts
That really stinks DuWayne. I'm so sorry to hear that.

So if your homeowners association is in charge of your security..... does that mean
you get a refund since they don't have working cameras?

Post up a pic for us if you have one. We'll keep an eye out in the papers/online and see if
we see anything similar for sale here.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
frankly if you pay association fees i would ask for a reimbersment if they dont keep up and maitain equipment. or i would throw and absolute **** fit. also you might want to watch craigslist and such. but i would go insane if someone stole my car luckily my exhaust is very loud so if anyone is dumb enough to start it there going to wake up half the nieghborhood

·
Registered
645 Posts
Man that sucks, sorry to hear that. If you're paying for a HOA, and they're in charge of security then I'd rail on them.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
agreed

got a pic? a lot of salvage yards up near me i can take a look over

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I'll withhold my opinion on HOA's and just leave it at the fact that I'm looking for a house "out of town" with no HOA.

Also, if you've got a pic I'll keep an eye out as well.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Sorry to hear that, a nightmare came true. Post a Pic, you never know!
Think we all with you on this one.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picture

I hope this link works. I don't do much uploading of photos:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr154/biggroomer/RaymondsPhotos047.jpg

The odometer just rolled over to 64k. It has the moon-roof, etc, and now has a 4.6 Interceptor emblem on both from fenders. The color is Opalescent and when stolen had no dents or scratches anywhere on the body. The interior was perfect. The plate # is: DO72EH
Vin #: 1FALP62W7SH169536

I believe it to be somewhere in the Sarasota or Brandenton area, but who knows?
Thanks for all the kind and informative replies.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll withhold my opinion on HOA's and just leave it at the fact that I'm looking for a house "out of town" with no HOA.

Also, if you've got a pic I'll keep an eye out as well.

Same thinking here. We're going to be looking for a place where we can house a couple of Rottweilers, fly the AMERICAN flag on a 40' pole, and a permanent mount for my Barrett M82A1 50 caliber that can easily take out the tires or gas tank at 1/2 mile.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
So sorry about your loss sir , are you really 70 years young ?

I live in Cali so I doubt I can help but you never know .

Good luck .

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts

Same thinking here. We're going to be looking for a place where we can house a couple of Rottweilers, fly the AMERICAN flag on a 40' pole, and a permanent mount for my Barrett M82A1 50 caliber that can easily take out the tires or gas tank at 1/2 mile.
I like the way you think . . . though I'd be happy with a German Shepherd and pintle mount for a 1919A4 :)

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
You know there comes a point where when you catch such crews, that jail makes no sense. Let them dance with "MA DEUCE"!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So sorry about your loss sir , are you really 70 years young ?

I live in Cali so I doubt I can help but you never know .

Good luck .
Yep. I'm 70 and in less than a month will be 71....on Inaugration Day, in fact.
I spoke with the Fl H.P this a.m. and they seem to think that, because of the nearly mint condition of the car, it might be heading out of state. So they've issued a nationwide alert for it. I sure would like to have it back!

Again, thanks to all for your support.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, but at least the authorities seem to be doing something about it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Such a shame! That is one clean bird. Happy Birthday by the way! :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the way you think . . . though I'd be happy with a German Shepherd and pintle mount for a 1919A4 :)
I prefer the accuracy of the 50 caliber sniper over the 30 caliber 1919A4. However, I'm thinking about acquiring one of these to use when I walk the Rottweilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s
Just gotta shed some light on these things, ya know! :D:D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts