TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of them? Are their headers any good? See them on Ebay a lot. Looking for a set, but havent decided on anything yet. 4.6L SOHC 97

Thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Use the search button...you will find a bit of info on them. I know that some have them, as do I. They are said to have the same cracking problem as the JBA's (which they are almost the same). Some have taken preventative measures. There is a good thread about it. I haven't had any problem with mine yet, but only time will tell. For the amount that you can get them for, it's not really that bad.

Joe

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
are they worth buying, brand new for 250...i got an offer and i dont know weather to refuse it or not....anyone have the link to the thread where they showed how they fixed the weak links of the headers where they crack...i think a saw that somewhere a lil back and cant find it...

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
smokymance said:
are they worth buying, brand new for 250...i got an offer and i dont know weather to refuse it or not....anyone have the link to the thread where they showed how they fixed the weak links of the headers where they crack...i think a saw that somewhere a lil back and cant find it...
Here is a link to what I did with some discussion on the JBA/SSAC headers. These are the the pieces I made from 1/4" steel and where I welded them onto the header....

Dunno if what I did helped or not, but I figured it was better than nothing.

·
Registered
987 Posts
What I want to know is did they improve the vehicle performance wise?

Sam

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
MadRussian said:
They sell for like 75-150 on e-bay

-Andrey

lol...i never knew that they were the same as the ebay ones....lol...then 250 is a lil much...

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
slayer said:

Sam
Just the headers....I have no idea. When I installed them I also deleted my cats, added 3.73's, a Mark one-piece DS, solid rubber trans and motor mounts, and poly x-member mounts. With all of that I dropped half a second off my quarter mile and gained ~half a MPH. I know my top end improved because you usually lose MPH when you go to a higher gear, but I equate most, if not all of that to the deleting of the cats.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Cool, thanx for info Aaron.

Sam

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
slayer said:

Sam
I would also have to say that when I put mine on, I was working backwards...headers before exhaust you know. But I put a Flowmaster catback on at the same time. So there's still the little bottleneck in the cat piece. It may have helped a bit, depending on if the stock manifold were more restricitve than the cats, you have to wonder that.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts