TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently installed a remote car starter.......when i use the remote to unlock the doors the lights flash and the horn will not stop beeping. This has been a major hassle to install and I really would appreciate some imput...thanks guys

btw it was a bulldog automatic car starter that i installed

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I put one in my Cat last year and had problems with it not starting/battery dying. There was a short in one of the wires. Might be a good idea to check ALL of the wires for correctiveness (?) with key on and off to make sure everything is right. Do you have an alarm system either factory or aftermarket?? That could be a problem, but if you don't, I could look into it. After struggling with mine for almost a month, I pretty much know everything about them. And just a little FYI...Don't hook up the hood pin switch. That's where I was getting the short and after time the pin WILL rust so it won't work. I'll try to think of more as time passes and I sit here....

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
mdgrech said:
i recently installed a remote car starter.......when i use the remote to unlock the doors the lights flash and the horn will not stop beeping. This has been a major hassle to install and I really would appreciate some imput...thanks guys

btw it was a bulldog automatic car starter that i installed
I believe you have the panic and door open wires mixed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts