TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30 dollars and 2 hours and my friend and I removed the air silencer and slapped on 2 inch straight pipes. They are a little short but I will fix it later. The Thunderbird sounds really great right now and I can't wait to work on the car more. I'll add videos later.

Here are some before and after pictures.
BEFORE

AFTER

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Looking Good Earl..

I bet that ish was loud as fawk!

That's fine if you would rather hear your Exhaust than listen to Music..lol

Rayo..

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Yes that car is loud as fawk all day long... but the current driver thinks it makes the car go faster even though the transmission is dying :facepalm:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did that to my 95....I didn't really notice too much of anything, it still sounded stock-ish.
My budget straight pipes really is good enough. It was very quiet with the mufflers on but I can now hear more noise inside and outside of my car. Plus I kept the rest of the exhaust stock including the cats. I don't have money for anything fancy right now.

What setup is that?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got some pipes and tips today, ill be cuttin it up sunday. what did you do for the hangers?
The hangers are not connected to the pipes. My friend did a horrible job chopping the mufflers so the pipes are angled to the side a little bit. The pipes miss the hangers by a little less than a feet on both sides. The driver side exhaust hits the bumper when on bumpy roads. I'll get that fixed this or next weekend.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dont think your buddy did a bad job, i did my pipes this weekend and i cut the pipes flush with the muffler, they are angled to the side. i used a torch to heat up the bends and pulled them in just a little. they look great and sound just right, not too loud not to quiet.
ill post a pic in a bit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
that pic was before i twisted the pipes with the torch, they are in and down just a hair now.
Thanks tho.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I forgot to add this above but my friend cut the rubber hangers off with his pocket knife.
How much does it cost to replace it in case my dad forces me to put the mufflers back on?
(I told him removing the air silencer is what made the car louder so he doesn't know about the straight pipes... yet).:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
There is a thread that lists various mufflers and the optional muffler delete along with the accompanied noise/decibal level in conjuction to other specifications. My opinion on the matter is that loud isn't necessarily good if it doesn't sound right. The question is what sound's best: mufflers or no mufflers? If you're considering not deleting and, decided to instead install aftermarket mufflers, which kind?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts