TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Miami The a/c in my car is on about 350 days a year, this cool season on a few occasions when the a/c was off sometime the idle would get poor vary between 300 to 700 rpm and if in gear it stalled a couple of times. and I got a check engine light. To clear the problem I just turn on the a/c compressor and evrything smooths out engine runs so smooth you can balance a nickel on edge. Never got a CEL when the a/c is running. I am thinking that with the a.
/c off the IAC valve is operating in a new range of positions and it might be a dirty or get stuck area. Does this make any sense? I was unable to pull the codes because of the greedy shop owners in Dade County have a court injunction against autozone checking codes for free. The only county in the country where Autozone is not allowed to even LOAN a reader to a customer. Sorry about the rant:rant:
Richard

·
Registered
748 Posts
The IAC would be my guess. Had a similar situation with mine....but never really used the AC, so I don't know how that would affect it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts