TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive had this leak for quite a while... i have no idea why my coolant neva seems to go down much. The most ive ever seen the level of coolant go down on my car even after several months is about an inch and a half from the bottom of the visible tank where u fill it. Ive been told that as long as u have coolant at a reasonable height in that tank that ure system has enuff to keep the engine fine.

I noticed the leak after i got my coolant flushed out and refilled. ITs a small leak on a plastic tube near the radiator that connects to metal pipes. ITs at the top of the engine practically right next to my headlight bracket assembly on the passenger side.

Its never given me problems... and i only notice it leakin only after ive refilled the engine to the mark on the tank and driven it around a bit. but after that small puddle shows up under that spot, it neva leaks any more after that! Wat do i do? do i patch it up and how? help

·
Registered
633 Posts
if this only happens in the cold, it may be the area where the plastic and aluminum meet on the radiator. There are at least 2 threads on that topic in the past week, do a search for coolant and you should find them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i read those threads b4 i wrote this... its happened since the late summer and through... since i kno where the leak is ... how do u suggest i go about patching it up?... i kno its at the spot where only plastic is present. I might have a replacement of this part from an 95 cougar im not sure if it will work so

1 - 3 of 3 Posts