TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Got a '96 with a 4.6. Had the radiator fan go out on me a couple of weeks ago. Replaced that and the radiator all at once. I also replaced the thermostat a couple of months back. Anywho, I'm hearing a gurgle sound at random times. It sounds like it's coming from the coolant reservoir. But maybe a little closer. You can only hear it when the car's idling and what seems to be when it's colder outside. At first I thought it was a rattle somewhere in the dash near the firewall, but I'm honestly thinking it's more of a gurgle. You can't hear it took much from outside the car, but if you sit in the driver's seat and close the door it's rather noticable. If you push on the gas it goes away till it goes back to a resting idle position. Is it possible that I just have air in the coolant system from when I replaced the radiator and need to burp it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am, but it's been a small loss over time from when I paid a garage to swap out an intake manifold and they did a crap job. It hasn't been losing more coolant than usual, I'd say.

·
Registered
320 Posts
May be an unrelated question. Does the sound occur when the car is sitting in idle under load (such as in 'Drive') or does this sound emit regardless of what gear and is there any vibrations through the firewall or floorboards?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delayed response. Been dealing with a bunch of personal crap. You know, I tried this out and now I'm not so sure it's a gurgle as much as it is a rattle. It becomes a little more rapid when shifted into drive before it settles out. But there are momentary pauses with the noise around shifting. I think something's come loose in the dash. Once the rain stops, I'm gonna start going through things and seeing what needs to be tightened down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts