TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have this really weird hum that only occurs once in a while and only happens while im in park. I sounds like the hum you get when a cell phone rings on vibrate while its on a metal desk(sorry for the lame description). I was helping a fellow board member install reverse glow gauges yesterday and when he started his car and it warmed up he had the same sound. Should I be worried about this? and how can I get rid of it because its embarrasing and loud. Like I said it only happens in park and it doesnt happen all the time. It sounds like its coming from under the car near the fire wall. Its not the howl the IAC gives this is like a rattle/hum sound. Thanks for any help in advance, Jon

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I bet its your cats.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plugged or heat sheilds? the car does give off a lot of heat from under the pass comparment. but wouldnt they throw a code?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why would it be making this sound? and would it be that loud outside the car? and is this something I should be worried about? My car is a 3.8 but my friends car is a 4.6 and its the same noise except mine stops when its in gear his doesnt.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't know alot about it. Mine does it intermittently. I haven't done anything about it because my car needs a transmission. But it was like you said, in park only. I put my car on a lift and when I'd punch the pan, it would stop.
From what I have read, the only cure for this is to change the valve body.
Not sure 100% if that is what's wrong with your car, but that is what happened to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts