TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I kind of enjoy having a hand held E-brake in my cars.
I know that this would require an insane amount of modification for my t-bird.

But I've been thinking of another way...
The foot pedal in my model works by a racheting system. You set it by pressing it, and you release it by pressing it again.
I was wondering if I could dissasemble that mechanism and make it only catch on the last tooth, or otherwise not at all.

This would render it to function somewhat like a clutch does, (especially if you over-downshift).

If I could salvage that top click, it would still help relieve pressure on my transmission.
But if this where possible, it would certainly make the damn thing alot more useful in an actual emergancy (such as hydraulic failure, or a situation calling for extremely fancy manuevers)

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
A hand brake conversion is not hard at all, all the parts used an SC will swap right over.

-Miller

·
Registered
825 Posts
i have a hand brake Assembly and counsel i might be willing to sell. i'am not so crazy for pulling the e brake for fun thats why i have a rwd with a five speed:D

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Do the handbrake conversion

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i did it too, its easy especailly on an early car

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
What all is needed?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
handbrake, console top, dummy pedal, and the handbrake to rear cable and i wired in the brake warnign switch on mine

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh. Not bad. I didn't realize there where T-birds with handbrakes.
That would be much easier than screwing around with that other thing then.
I'm sure I can get that stuff in a local yard for a fair price. (but thank's for the offer)
I kinda forgot I made this thread, but I'm glad I found it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts