TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i get the car back from the bodyshop on wednesday and decide to change out the sparkplugs since ive had an intermittant and then consistant miss for quite a while. Said plugs are changed along with a new set of wires to replace my 3 year old MSDs. I start on the passenger side, when pulling the plugs I notice that the electrodes on all the plugs are white, which I do beleive is the calling card of a lean condition, knowing that I have plenty of fuel from the 24lb injectors and the 255 pump, I decide to rule that out. Keep in mind that I just finished the passenger side. The o2 sensor on the passenger side is a Bosch aftermarket and I am on my second Bosch aftermarket. I swap the driver side and all the plugs look fine, the oxygen sensor on that side is an original 10 year old, 185k Motorcraft sensor. Now, for the past few months ive been getting an intermittant P0172 code, which is passenger side bank lean. So, the moral of the story is...when replacing the oxygen sensor, go for OE, I replace the Bosch sensor for the second time since june 05.

yay!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Same thing found here, the Bosch heaters don't work as good as the stock ones. I can only run OEM on my pax side as well as a Bosch there will trip a code about once every other day.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its also quite sad that my MSD wires cost me 100$ a little over 3 years ago and the new ones i put in are generic XACT brand 8mm from Discount Auto. The car hasnt run this well in quite a while.

I put a little over 50k on the MSD wires.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nickmckinney said:
I gave up on expensive plug wires long ago for daily drivers. I change the wires as often as the plugs now (~25K)

the only aftermarket performance ones i would probably consider are the Moroso plugs, since they run about 70$.....almost as much as my generic ones.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
the only aftermarket performance ones i would probably consider are the Moroso plugs, since they run about 70$.....almost as much as my generic ones.

I would say don't waste your time there either. They are fine for hotrods that get little driving but start going bad as quickly as stock replacement stuff from my experiences. The outer jacket only lasts so long.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OxmanWI said:
Do they come in a pair for $60-90 or is that the price for one??

ox, since you have a blower, i wouldnt gamble on oxygen sensors. Run OEM sensors, you will have a solid running car. Hence the reason why I posted warning against Bosch sensors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts