TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start my car sometimes in the morning the rpms rev at 2 grand and the check engine light blinks then it stops and go back to normal what could be my problem? thx for ur help

·
Registered
801 Posts
ohhhhh that happened to me several times exact problem actually, how i fixed it you ask??????? well i would put the car in reverse and rpms goes to normal i did this 2 times and problem fixed. But if you want to really check to see what it is, let me know, im pretty sure the computer threw a code. I also cleaned my MAF with electrical wire cleaner, and i havent had this problem ever again.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have

After I got my car back yesterday from the Mechanic....(he did an HG job, and replaced Head Bolts, Valves, Valve guides, valve seals, Heads, All other gaskets, fuel injector O rings..and a couple more things.....Well I have high RPM's when my car sits in Park....about 800-900 RPM's even when the engine is warm...a couple of times it went down to normal....But i think It just needs the idle adjusted....It used to idle at 700 RPM's....believe it or not I can hear the difference with 100-200 rpm's extra....Either that or I just have to wait for the computer to relearn everything with all the new parts and being disconnected from the batt for a few dyas.

BeirutsFinest

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
it's possible that an intake leak could be to blame. My friend (has a GTP) had that problem when he firs started it up, it would rev to like 2500 or so. We determined it was the upper and lower intake gaskets. reserved a weekend for it and tore it down. sure enough, all the expanding and contracting of those intakes manifolds over 6 years broke those quorke type gaskets into like 7 pieces, and the engine reving was it having too much air, when the manifolds were cold it would let in air, but after it warmed up they would expand and seal it. it cost him like 30 bucks for parts and labor was obviously free.
-Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts