TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 thunderbird with a 4.6. I bought from a friend who owns a dealer ship. It ran great until he had the tranny replaced. For the first 2 seconds its started the engine revs fine then after that it will bog and barley rev in neutral and in drive it will barley move. I notice the mlps was miss aligned so I set it right then the problem went away until I went to the smog shop and shut if off for about 20 mins. Started it back up to put it on the dyno and it had not power boged and could barley move. So I took it home and let it sit. 6 months later as of yesterday i start it up and have the same problem but this time I let it idle for 30 minutes and checked it and problem was gone. I drove it around yesterday with no problem. This morning it was fine I drove it to work all good until I started it on my lunch. It had the same problem again. I let it sit until I got off work it started up had the same problem but when I put it in reverse it stalled. when I started it back up the problem was gone and drove home just fine. I checked the code and got 1747 and another one about input sensor but I cant remember what it was. Please someone help. Sorry for the long post I did not want to leave out any details.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
a google search for "p1747 obd code" yielded "electronic pressure control solenoid short circuit"....thats in the tranny....it controls line pressure in the tranny....could be shot...its not too expensive to replace, but it sure could get messy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts