TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day, I hit the gas and it sputters under load. Did the usual clean the MAF/Seafoam in the gas and still does it. If the car is in park/neutral it revs up like it should, only a hint of hesitation at first. In gear, the car runs like it should, until I hit the gas for some gettup and go. Major drag in the HP/Torque but runs fine on the highway...except a drop in gas mileage. No smoking or check engine lights coming on nor is there the smell of 'rotten eggs' from the cat or smell of gas in the exhaust...

Anyone else had the same problem or might have an idea?

·
Registered
367 Posts
are u throwing any codes, cause when mine was doing that it turned out to be the egr box, it was showing insufficant egr flow so i got a new sensor box and it was fine after that, it was running real rich

·
Registered
367 Posts
ok i just seen ur not throwing anycodes, could have a bad plug wire, check ur wires running at night to see if there is any arching or sparking on anything.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are u throwing any codes, cause when mine was doing that it turned out to be the egr box, it was showing insufficant egr flow so i got a new sensor box and it was fine after that, it was running real rich
I haven't plugged in a code reader yet, that will be tomorrow when I'm off work. I haven't got the usual check engine light. how much does that sensor cost?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah...thats why it wasnt lit up. It makes sense now since I've done a bit of looking around on EGR's. This must be my problem. I'll find out for sure when I get off my duff and hook up the code reader. :cool:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been out of town again till today and just figured it out. Two bad plugs and a bad wire. Normally, that would not bother me but since they are only 7 months old, rather miffed by that. Don't think I'll use Motorcraft again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts