TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am probably sure that some one has posted this problem before but unfortunately I have failed to find the thread. I am driving a 97 Tbird, with no mods to date, the problem is that while driving over and intersection with a little bit of a hump (nothing to horrible but just an average intersection), off the line, I am at WOT, As soon as I get to about 4500 rpm, the car shifts to 2. Sounds normal Right, but it doesn't take in 2, it is almost as if i put the car in neutral, or like it just slipped gears? i have just recently had my fluid changed to mercon V, and no problems for about 500 miles, and now this. Any help would be appreciated, I am wondering if my TC isn't going bad.

·
Registered
175 Posts
double-check your tranny fluid level....after running the car for a while shortly after a drain/refill, it will sometimes go low and cause it to slip

·
Registered
615 Posts
mine use to do the same exact thing, it was completly normal till I took it to WOT, well changed the fluid and the filter and all good. How many miles on your tranny. Since you did a fluid change recently have you checked if you are not leaking anywhere, maybe you filter fell in the pan.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Hmm, sounds like maybe your filter fell down into the pan. I always safety wire mine onto the valve body. When I failed my old trans I pulled the pan and found the filter sitting there in the bottom of the pan, so now I just use safety wire.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, i have only about 750 miles on it sinc i changed out the fluid, i will check out the filter and see if it is in the pan. Oh and as for mileage on the tranny, i am sitting at 120000, with to my knowledge, only one fluid change (the one that i did).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts