TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced a bunch of cars lastnight and won everyone of them but one. first the cars I did beat. 1Honda Civic w/nos 2modified single cab short bed truck w/ a 351 close race. 31990 Mustang GT 5spd. Now there comes the 1993 mustang cobra. well I didn't think that he was going to be that fast since he said he just had exhaust done to it and that was all. Well come to find out he had a supercharger on it but I didn't find out till he tore me a new one by about 4 or 5 car lengths. Then he tells me and my friends what he has and I was just sitting there wondering why I even bothered to race him. Then I almost wrecked my car when I was stopping one of my tires locked up and I went into a spin at about 85mph around a curve but managed to keep it on the road. I did a 180 and the car stalled from going strait to reverse. I'm just glad I didn't wreck anything on my car. Well thats all :eek:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
thats pretty much why i stopped going to those kind of get-togethers. theres just way too many people with way too much power under their right foot with something to prove. ive seen things like that at their worst and would hate to see anything bad happen to a fellow MN12 owner.

seems pretty safe on the surface and it usually is, but there are too many unknowns that can go terribly wrong. the track is where its at :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keeping it on the track

I hear you on that. The track is definatly a lot more safe.;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
But were's the EXCITEMENT!!!??!?!

Sure at the track their are rules and regulations....and everything is classed and checked out...you race equally...it's no fun...it's to pre-dictable....but the street...man, that's exciting!
when your cruisin...and you come up to a red light special w/ a car trying to look better than you...it becomes a contest to see who really is better, and it's always a surprise, if the guy's car just looks good goin slow, or if it just looks good for that brief moment that it's sittin still. when you get lined up and you race...win or loose...its always a blast, and if the guys kewl, ya get to talk to em' about their ride and go chill or cruise, sometimes their dicks and they laugh at ya, it's always an adventure though.
getting to show off to all the peers of your generation and show them how bad your ride really is.
Street racing is'nt a pastime event...or something us "punk teenagers" do to terrorize those old folks sittin at home watchin [email protected]! street racing is what we do to express ourself's! were we can go and be free...race who we want..watch what we want and just talk and hang out...i'm sick of people saying...no no, keep it to the track...it's safe...forget safe! i want fun....i'de rather die having a good time....actually living....doing what i enjoy w/ other people who enjoy it too...than die old and stinky in an old folks home thinking about that fun time that i played bingo instead of goin out w/ my friends....street racing is ok in my book!

DenverTBird
Chad K.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WELL PUT

AND I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU GUYS THAT YES IS Definitely alot more safe but the street racing is more of a rush to see if yu can do it with out getting caught and you never know who is going to win because you haven't seen them go down the track five times before you. So for the mean time I'll do both until I get killed or worse wreck my car again.

·
Registered
278 Posts
As a fellow teen (18), I see where you're comming from on the whole street racing thing. I live in Daytona Beach and we have our share of racing. Damn straight it is a blast. Nothin better than having some guy in his Honda Prelude all riced out pull up next to you and try to show off. Better yet if he has his hot girlfriend with him, you play it cool then shut him down. Not only do you make him look stupid but then you get to hit on his chick at the next light! I've had my fair share of street race, some I won a few I lost, some I look back on and say damn I coulda killed someone or my self these are usualy the ones that I raced into the three didgit range. I onced raced a 65 year old man in a 66 Chevelle SS396 up to 100mph so don't think all the old guys are home watching the TV re-runs. Some of the best races I've had have been old guys (40+ no offense).

At our track Orlando Speed World, and other area strips, we run durring the test & tune sessions so wee don't run classes, anyones game.

Main Rule is COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!
You may think your expressing yourself but believe it or not there are other people out there who will get real pissed off if you wreck and injure them while you are "expressing yourself". A rule for me is I try and avoid racing guys on crowded roads, or roads with a lot of cross-streets. I used to think I could handle any situation that could possibly come up in a car. I could handle and recover the car just like the Skip Barber Driving School Instructors do. So I thought I was a pretty good driver. This continued till about three weeks ago. Going onto an I-95 on-ramp from Daytona going south I lost control. It had been raining every day, so the oil came to the surface of the road and made it like ice. The on ramp is a tight 90degree left-hander with about a 3-4degrees of bank. I entered the turn at 55mph, the rear end broke loose on the apex of the turn, and came around. I stayed in thee throttle and tried to steer through it, my friend said I almost recovered, but on the third snap of the tail the car went nose first into the concrete guard rail. Shut down the on-ramp for an hour. My friend and I walked away unhurt. But it wiped the front end out, and cost $4700 worth of damage to my car. The good news is this friday I should be gettin my car back out of the shop.

The moral of my story is that eventhough you may think driving fast is a way to express yourself, it could cost you big money or even the chace to drive again. so think about what your going to do when your out there on the road and you feel the urge to push it a little harder, cause you may finish the ride in a ambulance.

Good luck, and be safe and smart. ;)

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
There is no way to really defend street racing plain and simple. Its illegal and unsafe. You know what your getting into before you do it. It gives honest strip only drag racing a bad name from time to time. Ask around though, anyone who's into cars has done it. Just be careful out there everyone. I have heard about, seen, and been in enough close calls. It can be alot of fun. Common sense it biggest thing to remember even though you can argue common sense would tell you not to do it in the first place. Also there are enough times at the track on test and tune nights and such to run grudge races heads up. I just wish there was a track closer then 2hrs away for me lol.

Anywho just my two cents
later,
jay

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Think safe , Drive safe & be safe cause

its not just your life you should be worried about. Most all of us at one time or another have gotten into it on the street but as a couple of you have already stated, use some common sense if you do. Actually you shouldn't at all. If you need to act like an irresponsible idiot and want to wipe yourself out fine, but you ought to worry about who else you might wipe out, their families and loved ones. You might also want to consider the impact on YOUR family as a result of your actions, whether or not you live to have to worry about it. I understand the excitement of the street show and all that goes with it but is it really worth the price? Besides, do what I do when they talk a blast of garbage to you, "Got my slip here, Where's yours." Most test & tune sessions I've been to will let you run someone heads up if you want. Take them to the track and kick there ass and don't worry bout it anymore.

Please be responsible and Drive safely!!!!!
Please

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
well, i dont have a problem with the occasional race from light to light when there is no traffic, but the night-time street race events that we have around here are what i tend to stray away from. a hundred kids packed onto the side of an industrial park road, half of them messing around while there are people racing by at 100+ mph is just a mess waiting to happen.

·
Registered
174 Posts
They do hold street race style events at tracks now to. You can give someone a lead or use a human starter insted of the tree. These events are almost alway held at night which just completes the street race feel. A lot of people are doing this now. Now I've been known to play the light game once in a while. But, I have way more fun at the track. Racing on the street too often becomes a game of who-is-more-willing-to-be-an-ass. Maybe it is different elsewhere. But, we have lots of traffic here. The guy that wins is the one that is cutting other motorists off or driving on the shoulder or some other stupid stunt that in no way relects on the strength of the car, just the stupidity of the driver.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
but...........

I thought that's how it was supposed to be, winnings go to the bigger moron! :rolleyes: :p :p

·
Registered
635 Posts
The track is alot safer but...

The track is a lot safer but on the street it some times comes down to who’s the better driver than who has the fastest car. I have beaten a number of Z28 and Gt's just because they couldn’t drive worth anything. But when I see those same cars on the track they win every time.

Street racing will never be done safe but its hard not to do it anyway.

See Ya

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
True

If that's the case I hope they win. I'll set back and watch the aftermath. Then I'll testify to the courts for the people they just killed. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
hey all, this is Ohiotccoa, changed name cuz i'm not the only ohiotccoa guy ;)
ok, first off, there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything. Racing strangers from light to light is the wrong way, thats where wrecks happen, I've almost bought it a couple times that way, now I dont do it anymore. But, I do hang out with a local car club and we do street race, if you wanna call it a street. Our spot is an unfinished industrial park, 1/2 mile straight line into a corn feild, dead end, a warehouse on one side. At 12 am we show up with a couple cones, set'm at 1/4mile, and all park and BS till the weee mornig hours, occasionaly some guys race, including myself. I also race at the track...alot...succesfully ;) I have had more problems at the track then i have had at the spot. I have twice gone through coolant in the traps that the "safety crew" missed, sideways at 92mph is not safe. I have a couple cars break and come across the line at me, one car caught fire next to me in staging,and I witnessed a fool in the pits heating an nitrous bottle with a tourch. The same as on the street, your racing strangers. At the spot there have been zero incedents in 2 years, we even meet in the winter, too.
Also, at the track, you sign a waiver. If you wreck or die, your fault or not, there is NO insurance. At least you have that on the street.
point being, mama always said, dont take races from strangers...after thought, they could be cops, columbus PD does that now.
keep it safe fellas

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah...street races that are organized among friends are usually fun for a week or two, until the ricers or retards in domestics find out about it and start showing up, causing trouble and drawing way to much attention.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
oxide said:
Yeah...street races that are organized among friends are usually fun...until retards in domestics find out about it.
whoa now. playin with fire there. remember which forum you are at. this aint no domestic thrashin bulletin board. believe dat!

:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
J-Rob said:

whoa now. playin with fire there. remember which forum you are at. this aint no domestic thrashin bulletin board. believe dat!

:cool:
I'm not thrashing domestics, I'm thrashing the kids that act like retards spinning thier tires and doing dangerous **** in the Mustang or Fbody mommy and daddy bought for them :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
oxide said:
Yeah...street races that are organized among friends are usually fun for a week or two, until the ricers or retards in domestics find out about it and start showing up, causing trouble and drawing way to much attention.
Counter inteligence :D
You meet up some where, the fool's are bound to follow, what then? Simple, meet ina parking lot, call it a cruise-in, allow the fools to show. Get with your freinds, tell them where to go, where your spot is. Then you leave, one by one. The fools will think you're goin home, dig? It works, been working for months. The hard part is finding a good, safe, out of the way spot where no one will find you. I suggest industrial parks, many have their own system of roads, most are well lit, and few warehouses work 3rd shift, not alot of shippers operate that late. Watch for deer though. lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
BlackbirdSport said:

Counter inteligence :D
You meet up some where, the fool's are bound to follow, what then? Simple, meet ina parking lot, call it a cruise-in, allow the fools to show. Get with your freinds, tell them where to go, where your spot is. Then you leave, one by one. The fools will think you're goin home, dig? It works, been working for months. The hard part is finding a good, safe, out of the way spot where no one will find you. I suggest industrial parks, many have their own system of roads, most are well lit, and few warehouses work 3rd shift, not alot of shippers operate that late. Watch for deer though. lol
We have tried that, but there is a certian really fast Japanese car in our group that they follow even if he tries to drive up the street to take a piss. Kind of sad really, and I know he hates it. Losing them on the highway has worked a couple of times, but thats not really safe either.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts