TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I am starting my senior project for my highschool and the topic of my project is illegal street racing. I need to find out where people race in michigan because I am making a little movie about it and was wondering if you guys knew anywhere I could find some racing. The only place I know is joy and telegraph, which people dont really race there they just hang out. This project is a must for me to graduate so any help will be greatly appretiated.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
hmm never been there street racing everyelse tho b/c my other passion besides my cougar is my drift car :D im big on the illegal scene for autocross and drifting if you want i could prob sent you some of my footage if your interested cuz we just take road trips and find races im me if interested...paece man

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
alright, ive been told this, i dont know if people still do here or not, but down at either 8 mile or 6 mile and van dyke, starting around 1 or 2 a.m. ive been told some street racing goes on there, i have no idea if it actually does, but its a shot.

another place but its where people just kinda cruise and hang out and occasionally race is gratiot between 10 1/2 and 12 mile road, its packed every friday and saturday night of the warmer months

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Not many people will race on Gratiot. There's too many cops out there, you're bound to get caught. I've seen quite a few races on Metro Parkway between Hayes and Gratiot, though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ok CandyRed here is the deal with Joy & Tele, that is where ppl hang out, if you want to see the races you need to go down to Outer drive and Joy or in that area. When the police break that up they sometimes move down to Schoolcraft and Telegraph area. I have also been to races on Jefferson in Mexican town (south of the bridge) but that only seems to come alive in the early morning. There is an industry park down by Tiger stadium that has 1/4 mile marks painted on the curbs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's for the reply's, when do you think they will start heading down to outer dr. and joy to race? my project is due may 5th and have to have my movie ready by then.

Thanks,

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
my guess would be starting in about 2 weeks, the beginning of april
so it looks liek ur gonna have to work a little harder than most

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
you realize that filmin it constitues a crime as well? you can be ticketed for it if caught...

filming an illegal activity and not informing the police? shame shame.. better get permission from the participants or you may risk a lawsuit from them as well unless you blur the plates

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You can really get a ticket for filming a street race? Wow, I didn't know that. Not that it really makes any difference to me anyway; I don't even own a video camera.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Try looking at the Scandolus racing website.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My movie is not going to be for the enjoyment of myself, I have to go to local tracks and stuff to. My movie is supposed to help get rid of illegal street racing, not encourage it. I mean I like watching it as much as the rest of you, but this is what is making me graduate.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've got the Scandalous racing DVD and it's pretty cool. Got it plus a t-****s and decal for $25 at Autorama.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The spot off of Van Dyke is actually French Rd and Nevada, on the side of the airport. On the other side of the airport is Outer Drive and Conner. There's some runners over there. Mt. Elliott & 94 has bikes and cars. Warren & Livernois after 2am. People post up in the White Castle or along Livernois. I 75southbound & Nevada.Every now and then, Outer Drive & Ryan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Grand River & McGraw - - - after the cops or the gun shots break up the fun at Warren & Livernois this is where the real racing happens usually after 3-4am

No one really races at Warren & Livernois; only people in their hoopties!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts