TCCoA Forums banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Believe me, you'd be very happy with 300 to 400 rwhp in a daily driver.
I'd be clinically depressed with anything less than 401 rwhp.

*files this one away with all the others* lol
They do add up after a while.

You're forgetting the turbocharged 4V car that the lady owner swore was the last of the four SVE Tbird's.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/1995-ford-thunderbird-svt-prototype/#photo-1325598/
Oh God. She has a plaque and a screaming chicken under the hood. That car looks like something you'd find on a gold-chainers' automotive message board.

·
Registered
2010 BMW M5
1,694 Posts
Yes i know its hard to do yes i know its cramped in the engine Bay and it will be done maybe not very soon but itll get done i have my mind set.
I have often come to find on this car forum, that those who lack the ability to construct sentences with proper punctuation and grammar, are often the ones who attempt these rediculous feats on an extremely limited budget; which frequently results in complete failure or embarassment. :confused:

Allow me to Translate your above quote into proper English.

"Yes I realize it's hard to accomplish, and I am aware the engine bay is cramped. It will not be completed anytime soon; however, it will eventually be done with my steadfast ambition." ;)

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have often come to find on this car forum, that those who lack the ability to construct sentences with proper punctuation and grammar, are often the ones who attempt these rediculous feats on an extremely limited budget; which frequently results in complete failure or embarassment. :confused:

Allow me to Translate your above quote into proper English.

"Yes I realize it's hard to accomplish, and I am aware the engine bay is cramped. It will not be completed anytime soon; however, it will eventually be done with my steadfast ambition." ;)
Nothing to see here! Move along! Move along!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Sorry for not being quick on my replies. Ive been doing my homework on here and sccoa about turbo charging. Ill admit my grammar sucks but at least Im not using Extreme Internet text slang like I have seen on here before.

Luke

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
If you don't have ABS moving the battery to the trunk gives you the best spot to mount a turbo...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
IMO, you need to own and modify a turbo car before you have any chance of a successful turbo build on a car that did not come with a turbo.

Then you would understand things like: wastegate sizing, exhaust sizing, pump gas and race gas boost thresholds, boost controller adjustments, etc. And terms such as boost creep and boost spike, both of which can happen if everything is not properly matched, and both of which are not good!

It would be very hard to install one on a T-Bird, but equally as hard to get everything running correctly, and safely, and keep it that way.

Al

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
It would be very hard to install one on a T-Bird, but equally as hard to get everything running correctly, and safely, and keep it that way.

Al
True, but being hard to do is what makes it rare and interesting.

David

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.