TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of changing my oil filter adapter gasket. First three bolts came out fine, then the last one wouldn't budge. Its a tight fit in there to. So now I am left with a stripped bolt and don't know what to do. Its to tight to file the bolt down and I can't get a stripped bolt remover kit. Has anyone used that gator thing (that supposedly removes strips bolts)?

Any other ideas? Soo close, but yet so far.. :mad:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know the name of that bolt? So when I go into Ford I can get the right one.

I'm assuming I'm going to need to get another to put in its place b/c the bolt-out would ruin it..correct?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'm assuming I'm going to need to get another to put in its place b/c the bolt-out would ruin it..correct?

Lol, you post asking if there is a way to get that bolt OUT since the head is stripped, and we say to use a bolt-out. Now you want to know if you will have to replace that bolt before you re-install it due to damage from the bolt out? I thought the reason you needed the bolt-out in the first place is because the bolt is already damaged :confused:

In other words, YES, please replace the damaged bolt :D

Jay

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thanks for just answering the question. Hope you feel better now.

I wasn't sure exactly how the bolt-out worked. And I suggested it...not "we".

Went to Ford and that part is discontinued, gotta love having an old car.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i don't know the size and I hate trying to match the thread with the length at hardware stores....its just easier paying a couple of bucks more for the right one...if anyone knows the right size for sure that would prob. save me some time. I'm goign to finish it up tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts