TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the situation, im a moron and stripped out one of the threads on the top of my supercharger ( 1990 Supercoupe ). It is one of the bolt holes for the bolts that hold down the actual supercharger Top ( says 3.8 on it). Its supposed to be torqued about 15-18lbs .......so i think i can re thread it somehow but i dont know how.

someone recommended me to Heli-Coil {sp?} or something like that. Its a small kit that you buy to repair stripped threads. I need to know where i can find this kit or something similiar...thanks alot!!

thanks again
walter

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
heli coil is where you drill the hole out bigger, and put in a insert that has the right size hole and threads. Try a hardware store or auto parts store.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i went to autozone........yep it was hell. While the guy stood there and told me it was not 8mm X 1.25 i just picked out the parts i needed for the thread repair. Luckily they had a kit. So after i got the parts i showed him that my bolt fit the kit, he gave in. Not even the autozone guy was a match for written down proof:cool:

oh well i got what i needed, ill work on her tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts