TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might deserve to be in the Power Adder section, but I kind of think it's supposed to be here due to it's about the 5.0. I dunno?

Anyway, has anyone stroked their 5.0 or heard of anyone who has? I would like to do this down the road a piece, maybe a year or two, but it's always nice to learn early. I was thinking a 331 stroker kit would do.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'm open. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lots of torque from a stroker.

Buy a pre-built stoker. Its too much work and almost as much money to build one by yourself.

I'll fix any part of my car, but i would never touch the bottom end of an engine. Some things are better left to a professional.

Anyone ever tried fitting a 351W into the engine bay? I know the intake is tall, but it just takes a cowl hood to fix that. 351s are plentiful and cheap, and you can use most of the 302 parts on them.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
YUM.

I would have it built custom. get heads and intake, either GT40 or Cobra.

You could buy the FRPP 5L Longblock...practically a drop-in, and 350hp!
All you would need is headers, a fuel pump, and new tires :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
OK,
Good news,Dart products is coming out with a new 5.0 based block.HD of coarse but it can be had with a large bore.Aprox 330 cubes with stock crank or if you like aprox 380 cubes with 347 stroker crank.All in a stock type block,nice.Down side the about 1800 target price.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1800 for 330ci shortblock is not really that bad. Does Dart have a web page?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts