TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1994 XR7 , 46 most every option. 66.000 miles. rustfree, from washington state.
337 Posts
Frame side yes. Arm side mine has thermoplastic blue moogs that are at least 16 years old now. The factory ones didn’t last this long
mine still looked good after 27 years, but i had replaced everything else. figured why not.
the only thing not done is rack bushings.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Blue strut rod bushings are likely the thermoplastic aftermarket offerings (which are known to fail catastrophically).
Thanks, like I need something else to worry about, lol!

Al

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Honestly I've had the thermoplastic blue moogs on my car for like eight years now. they were still fine when I tore it down for the rebuild. You have to be careful about tightening them, you can't just crank them down.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,044 Posts
Honestly I've had the thermoplastic blue moogs on my car for like eight years now. they were still fine when I tore it down for the rebuild. You have to be careful about tightening them, you can't just crank them down.
I’m firmly thinking this is key. Be good to let whoever does your alignments know too so they don’t follow OEM spec if they make a caster adjustment.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Who here has tried the TBSC sleeves? Any reviews on those? I know several people have bought them, but I haven't heard any long term reviews on them. I did get the OEM bushings there, so I'll be sure to follow the OEM spec on torque.

you guys are all young now. ill be 73 in june. been there, done that in the 60s and 70s and 80s. you werent even born then.
I was born in the late 80s lol
Early 80s here. 2.1-/2 years and I'll hit 40. So @irvin , sure you're old enough to be my dad, but that doesn't mean we didn't grow up in an analog time period, because we did!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,044 Posts
Who here has tried the TBSC sleeves? Any reviews on those? I know several people have bought them, but I haven't heard any long term reviews on them. I did get the OEM bushings there, so I'll be sure to follow the OEM spec on torque.
Quite a few people here have them, I think I remember one person saying they were too long but that may have been a defect.

Early 80s here. 2.1-/2 years and I'll hit 40. So @irvin , sure you're old enough to be my dad, but that doesn't mean we didn't grow up in an analog time period, because we did!
Exactly, I’m a little younger but I remember the before times pre internet and electronic devices very vividly, my parents were pretty frugal, we didn’t get cable until the early 2000s, and didn’t even get a home PC until I was a teenager, and my join date here isn’t far off from it lol

I spent a good portion of my life fiddling around with rabbit ears to get reception before The Simpsons came and using using the tracking and FF buttons on my VCR for the poorly edited for TV version of Terminator 2 I taped. The technology sucked but it was better content, hence my appreciation of old cars 🤣

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
Quite a few people here have them, I think I remember one person saying they were too long but that may have been a defect.

Exactly, I’m a little younger but I remember the before times pre internet and electronic devices very vividly, my parents were pretty frugal, we didn’t get cable until the early 2000s, and didn’t even get a home PC until I was a teenager, and my join date here isn’t far off from it lol

I spent a good portion of my life fiddling around with rabbit ears to get reception before The Simpsons came and using using the tracking and FF buttons on my VCR for the poorly edited for TV version of Terminator 2 I taped. The technology sucked but it was better content, hence my appreciation of old cars 🤣
Way back when, when the internet was a 300 baud dialup to an arpanet hub, we I had a black and white tv with rabbit ears. :D
I had to replace the horizontal tube every once in awhile due to HV arcing.

Some of you may remember the tuner going "klunk" loudly when you changed channels, lol.
It had a ultrasonic remote with only on/off and channel up buttons; when you surfed, it would wake the whole house, lol.

I'm so analog, I know what all those noises are when a modem or fax machine hooks up :)

Reactions: RalphP

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I haven't seen any reviews on the TBSC sleeves, but I'm sure they are great. Doug Fraileigh started making and selling them 10 years ago. I'm sure we would have heard if there were issues with them by now. My issue is I have three cars so I'm looking at $350 just for some bushing sleeves.

The DOM tubing finally showed up today. I picked up some washers from Menards on Thursday. Now all I need is some time to do some light machining to make them work.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts