TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically Control arm side (140A and 140B) so which of the aftermarket is the best of the bunch?

I was able to order the Frame side from Ford but the control arm side is worn side on my car.

·
Administrator
8,100 Posts
140-B is discontinued from Ford, but I found some on eBay. Last time I checked 140-A was still available.

Joe

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As of yesterday 4:30 Central Time both (140A and B) are gone.

Thanks for Ebay suggestion, just check. But but with out the matching set A and B what's the point?

Autozone's bushings (Duralast) say Rubber and Lifetime warranty. Is this going to better than the Thermoplastic or the others that don't list material?

·
Super Moderator
5,004 Posts
From others on the forum, it seems like the control arm side can be thermoplastic and do well. It's the subframe side that tears up so badly.

RwP

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got the poly ones from SCP back in 2013 and have been daily driving with them since. They are still holding up despite the PS fluid, oil and now coolant that have been getting on them lol. I did get lucky and get new ones from Ford (both sides) about the same time and still have them in the bags. Saving them for whenever these poly ones go out.

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
I've had aftermarket ones on the LCA side since I've owned my car, not 100% certain who they're from since the dealer put them in but they're blue
I have a set of these; they're moog, from several years ago.

They lived thru the curb impacts on Lazarus; I don't think they make them like this anymore, lol.

They are still tight after all this time; they must be poly of some type. :zdunno:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I bought the 140As from Somos Parts Corp on Amazon and the 140Bs from Tasca through Amazon.

Tasca has the 140As as well, but gouge you for double.

Every other place I tried ended up canceling my order because they were out of stock/discontinued.

*Edit*

Looks like they still have 2 of each so you better jump on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts