TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both nuts seem to be rusted solid, tried impact and torch. Anybody have a suggestion.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Put the car on a lift and use 2 of the hugest wrenches you can and double wrench them LOL. PB blaster is a must but I read here 50% trans fluid 50% acetone worked the best to break seized nuts loose.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Both nuts seem to be rusted solid, tried impact and torch. Anybody have a suggestion.
Make sure you have one of those big adjustable wrenches holding the strut rod against the concrete. Make sure the wrench is on the appropriate spot in on the flat as per the service manual. What kind of impact are you using? Nothing under the "Earthquake" or "thundergun" level is going to touch that bolt. Also, an impact is at a disadvantage because the the strut rod moves in the bushings and absorbs blows.

Also a 24" breaker bar with that adjustable wrench should do the trick. That large nut is very hard to heat.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after enough cussing I went to my dad's work(Praxxair), and borrowed the mechanics 3/4" drive gun, worked great!!

Thanxs for all the [email protected]@

1 - 6 of 6 Posts