TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody i have a question about what I think sucks about the MN12, the strut rod.

I recently replaced SCP strut rod bushing, upper and lower control arms to Moogs, sway bar link and poly bushing for the sway bar the car feels miles better, it doesnt swerve when i brake it stays nice and straight. I still have worn shocks and the 15" LX wheels so the handling could still be improved. Its all stock by the way.

My question is, is there anyway to make the strut rod more solid? Such as making a custom rod that adjust and uses hiem joints to connect the k member to the control arm?

Just a random thought I'm not bashing the SCP bushing in anyway, I'm wondering if making this section more solid would improve the feel.

·
The Parts Guy
7,326 Posts
It's been done, but if your car doesn't feel solid, it either has nothing to do with the strut rod, or something (like the strut rod bushings) has failed. Did you use the Energy Suspension poly bushings that SCP re-sells on the front instead of a new set of rubber bushings from Ford?

·
The Parts Guy
7,326 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks great!! Where did you find these pictures?

I have replaced both the front and rear bushing with the bushing SCP sells, they have a deal going on right now 100$ shipped for both bushings. And let me say it made a world of a difference. Im still running blown shocks and the original 70 series tires which suck haha.

My strut rod question is just a random thought, i would think a solid bar would feel alot better than even the SCP bushings.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Where is more information regarding this available? I imagine this is something you made?

It looks like the images are down in this thread again, which is a shame. Recommended Suspension Bushings for MN12's and FN10's
You can insert / drag and drop images straight into the thread now instead of hosting images on a 3rd party platform such as photobucket as they are in that thread. Unfortunately, it's a 10 photo limit and that particular post has 22 images in it. Perhaps have the images hosted elsewhere like make these images public on Google Photos? Though it'd be a link to the image instead of the actual image being posted.

·
The Parts Guy
7,326 Posts
That looks great!! Where did you find these pictures?
Where is more information regarding this available? I imagine this is something you made?
I run the stock rubber bushings in that location. A couple of the members on the FB group page have gone to heim joints. Believe it or not, there is a fair amount of tech talk over there. The one above is Jm Hayes'. The one in this post is Stephen Sokol's.

You can insert / drag and drop images straight into the thread now instead of hosting images on a 3rd party platform such as photobucket as they are in that thread. Unfortunately, it's a 10 photo limit and that particular post has 22 images in it. Perhaps have the images hosted elsewhere like make these images public on Google Photos? Though it'd be a link to the image instead of the actual image being posted.
I know, I've dropped two photos in this thread doing just that. It's just aggravating to have to go back and correct that thread for the umpteenth time due to Photobucket. It will be a chore to remember what photo belonged where, not to mention where the heck I might have stored those photos, if I even have them all anymore.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I run the stock rubber bushings in that location. A couple of the members on the FB group page have gone to heim joints. Believe it or not, there is a fair amount of tech talk over there.
I know. I tag you every once in a while over there :).

The one above is Jm Hayes'. The one in this post is Stephen Sokol's.

View attachment 37476

I know, I've dropped two photos in this thread doing just that. It's just aggravating to have to go back and correct that thread for the umpteenth time due to Photobucket. It will be a chore to remember what photo belonged where, not to mention where the heck I might have stored those photos, if I even have them all anymore.
If we all had a guarantee of "our site will never go down" then there'd never be an issue. But as we saw originally with ImageShack, and now with Photobucket, that's never the case.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great!! I doubt it would be too difficult to fab up. Maybe modding a stock strut bar.
Thanks for the pictures btw.
I have the tccoa page on FB but have no idea how to use it haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts