TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon I had a quick question in regards to replacing the strut rod on a 96 T-bird with sports suspension. The bushings on my strut rod are getting bad and squealing like crazy so I have to replacement. I am wondering if it is worth trying to find after market strut rods with a bushing kit and just replace the entire rod? The current ones are a bit rusty but not terrible but I plan to rebuild the car as much as possible within my cost range. Also, is it necessary to replace both sides at the same time when it comes to a strut rod or it is really not going to effect it? Is there anything special I have to take into account when replacing the strut rod? and my final question is completely unrelated to this main topic of this thread, but what is the "Firm Ride" indicator light indicating? Thanks everyone who responds!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,627 Posts
The only reliable solution for the strut rods is OEM, the only aftermarket aftermarket is poly bushings which are junk and will last a week if your lucky. Do both sides at once.

The firm ride indicator is a leftover SC thing, it doesn't indicate anything on your 96.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts