TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like i've heard alot about front and rear strut tower bars being a noticeable improvement in the handling and stiffness of the car. So this will probably be one of my next purchases (along with swaybars or a swaybar). Is there anyone still selling these? Seems as if the only strut bars i can find are the front one off of Super Coupe Performance (which is $150 : ( ). Is anyone making a rear bar or a cheaper front bar? Thanks alot eberyone

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
They're SHOCK tower braces as we don't have struts or strut towers.

And YES, they do improve the handling...especially the front one. :D

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
part swap

Hello

I am re-bending the lower front K brace to fit the upper Front Spring/shock towers.

Not sure if it will clear the distributer or carburetor yet.

Car still in building stage. Currently building the role cage.

Paul

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Seems like i've heard alot about front and rear strut tower bars being a noticeable improvement in the handling and stiffness of the car. So this will probably be one of my next purchases (along with swaybars or a swaybar). Is there anyone still selling these? Seems as if the only strut bars i can find are the front one off of Super Coupe Performance (which is $150 : ( ). Is anyone making a rear bar or a cheaper front bar? Thanks alot eberyone
You're not gonna find a good quality piece for less than $100.
Metal pricing is up,and the time involved to make a front STB makes for a pricey part. I stopped making these ages ago due to the problems with time and pricing.
JL

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Yea what he said, if it was profitable making them "cheap" alot more people would be doing it. People want to be paid a reasonable amount for their time and effort. Otherwise they'll use their time to do something else. ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shock*** Sorry about that...

Didn't mean to skimp anyone out of their time and money. I just was wondering what the other options were. Thanks for the responses

Racecougar - Do you have an idea if you will have the rear brace still in stock sometime next week? I assume you use paypal and no other means of payment so i will have to wait for my good friend of mine to come back from vacation in order to use his paypal account. Do you take regular money orders? Also it looks as if i will need to drill some holes (totally fine by me). But i was wondering if the bar comes with some kind of instruction so i know where to drill, tap, etc.? Also does the bar come with hardware necessary to install it? Thanks alot!

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Shock*** Sorry about that...

Didn't mean to skimp anyone out of their time and money. I just was wondering what the other options were. Thanks for the responses

Racecougar - Do you have an idea if you will have the rear brace still in stock sometime next week? I assume you use paypal and no other means of payment so i will have to wait for my good friend of mine to come back from vacation in order to use his paypal account. Do you take regular money orders? Also it looks as if i will need to drill some holes (totally fine by me). But i was wondering if the bar comes with some kind of instruction so i know where to drill, tap, etc.? Also does the bar come with hardware necessary to install it? Thanks alot!

Why don't you make a pay pal account? you don't have to add a bank account.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to sure why not. I just don't use paypal much... The few times i've seen items on ebay i've always just had my good friend (has ebay + paypal account) bid on it for me.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Not to sure why not. I just don't use paypal much... The few times i've seen items on ebay i've always just had my good friend (has ebay + paypal account) bid on it for me.
Go make one real quick. You dont have a choice. :tongue: :D

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
I can't guarantee that I'll have any in stock next week. I have three left in stock right now, and I don't know when I'll make another batch of them. I accept paypal or money order. Installation instructions and all necessary hardware are included with the RSTB.

Just send me an email at [email protected] when you're ready for one.

-Rod

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Email sent. Don't want others snatching up you shock tower bar. Haha thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts