TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Kenny Brown makes struts tower braces for both the front and the rear. Has anyone tried these and do they make that much of a difference?

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's a given that any reinforcement of the body/chassis of these beasts is an improvement...most say substantial!
I am not really happy with MY cars stability in corners. Between the flex of the body, the suspension mounting to the body, and all the rubber bushings for the suspension components....well those are the battles where "stuck like snot" handling is concerned.
Do a search:search: for strut, shock, brace, kenny brown, JL, KB, STB...
you'll find many entries on the subject.

Keep an eye to the group purchase thread...an attempt at a KB deal might be in the offing.

DR:cool:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
STB makes a BIG difference.

I'd get JL's braces if you can. Otherwise some of us do have the KB stuff for various reasons.

I personally have the KB STB, and it was a very good purchase. JL's is a better brace, but he wasn't making them at the time. Not sure if he is right now either.

RTLB makes a good difference in acceleration in a corner as well. Keeps the IRS flat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight. The car handles so well now to make it even better will be great. I can hardly wait to see the difference. Now if the checkbook will cooperate.

Bluethunder
Champaign, IL

·
Registered
168 Posts
A Group Purchase will help your checkbook to cooperate!!!
GP is underway in the GP forum....go see!!
DR:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts