TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 tbird and also I also ride a 99 malibu (gf's car). I was wondering how can I make the suspension rock solid like the malibu? Everytime I go over a bump with brand new shocks/structs (not sure what brand) I feel like a basketball in a cage at times. Please help. Thank You.

--John

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Rebuild the entire suspension, and use poly bushings on everything. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $2000 once you get everything.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
nope, you don't have to go quite that far though, you'd be surprised how far a good set of shocks, springs, lower control arms, and bushings will go though. Poly bushings can get up over $900 quick, if you replace them all, but new control arms come with new rubber bushings anyways. Shocks run for about $180 for all four from Joe Cooper Ford, and you can get factory sport springs, but unless you find a good used set, aftermarket performance springs are usually cheaper. I would start with upper control arms, shocks and springs first, and go from there. I say upper control arms, because chances are, yours are no good, just check the balljoints to see if the rubber is torn or anything, and you'll know for sure. You can go nuts and replace everything, but like I said, you're looking at about $2000 to do it, but it'll be like new, and with poly bushings, you won't have to replace them again anytime soon.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the info. Are the rear control arm bushings servicable? I think I have a worn upper. The car is a high milage driver so I am trying to hold repair costs down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts