TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read alot about turbo systems and came across the note that the owner here has an sts setup on his bird. Has anyone run across any feedback on this or more info as to how well they work on a bird? Definately seems like the cheapest/easiest way to go. I'm interested to say the least.;)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
find a correctly sized turbo for a rear mount setup. We already have a single exhaust so run the exhaust to the turbo and install a wastegate pre turbine. You will need to run a cold side to the front of the car. oil lines the lenght of the car and a pump to return the oil. Alot of guys use the turbowerx scavenge pump as its cheap around 200$ usually and is a good quality shurflow pump. You will need a different maf and a programmer like a SCT x cal/sniper/tweecer rt/moates Qh......and then fuel system upgrades depending on your boost level. mainly a bigger pump and injectors capable of your power level.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on only running about 5-6 lbs boost. My main concern is how this setup will work with dual exhaust. Would i have to run twin turbos to still run my duals or is there a way around that. I looked at alot of the installed pics and really can't see for sure.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
what do you have now? true dual 2.5"? if you have true duals what I would do is 86 the passenger side pipe up to somewhere around the trans area. then have a shop or DIY route the passenger side bank 1 into the driver side 2.5" pipe (basically a Y pipe). This will give you room for the cold side to run the lenght of the car. you could do rear mounted twins but single would be 100x easier if you have not done a turbo setup yet. Not to mention with true duals running the tunnel you will not have room for a cold side path. A single 2.5" pipe is all you will need for a single turbo setup and the same on the cold side. if your olny planning to run 5lbs the stock 19lb injectors will handle the power level with a programmer and you woulnt need an intercooler at those boost levels as an intercooler would just hurt response due to volume/flow.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2.25" duals at this time. Is that too small?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
2.25" single would be fine for your power levels. a smaller pipe will actually have a higher velocity anyways which would be good for the turbine and response time. You coulkd go twins and not have to redo the exhaust system. twin chrysler T3s woudl work well as they have the smaller T3 .48ar turbine housing scrolls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts