TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great. Looks like I'm going injector hunting tomorrow after my exam. It's dumping soooo much gas on #1. Pulse looks good, so thank goodness its not the EEC. Spark and compression are good too. Dammit! Sorry just ranting. Maybe this has something to do with the slow increase in fuel consumption over the past few days.
-Rob

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ha! You are lucky! I had my EEC take a crap on me. I had 2 injectors stuck wide open. I was literally dripping raw fuel out of my tailpipes. I had to replace the computer, 2 injectors, and a spark plug, and my battery (I love it when the dealership messes stuff up! Battery was absolutely fine when it went in but died while it was in.......anyway!) I was going through a tank of gas with 80 miles. It was not a fun experience. :mad:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had three injectors stuck open and I needed a new computer to but instead of getting it i rewired the injectors and they work fine

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sucks to be you! I just replaced the injector and now I have an 8 cylinder again! I could put my mouth on it and blow straight through.
-Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
racer94lx said:
Ha! You are lucky! I had my EEC take a crap on me. I had 2 injectors stuck wide open. I was literally dripping raw fuel out of my tailpipes. I had to replace the computer, 2 injectors, and a spark plug, and my battery (I love it when the dealership messes stuff up! Battery was absolutely fine when it went in but died while it was in.......anyway!) I was going through a tank of gas with 80 miles. It was not a fun experience. :mad:

THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO MY THUNDERBIRD. I WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS MAKING IT DRIP GAS FROM THE TAILS.HOW DID YOU FIX THE PROBLEMS??

·
Registered
384 Posts
*Psst* That would be *her* post ;)
But, this was before I was a little knowledgeable about my car (and fuel injection), so I sucked it up and took my car to the dealership. They replaced: the EEC and 2 of the injectors. Some people have had luck just swapping out their EEC with one from a junkyard 'bird.

Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts