TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have one bellhousing bolt that wont budge (near drivers side head) do I heat it out (and how) or do I pull engine and tranny together (and how)? How in the world do you get to the one (bell housing bolt) near the EGR tube?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I reached up from underneath with a ratcheting wrench and that did the trick. It'll have to be a GOOD wrench, like craftsman or snap-on because the degree of turn you get on that bolt is very small.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If you have two one foot extensions and a U-joint you can get to them all with a socket and put alot more torque on them. I did mine this way as they were pretty stuck on my 100k + motor.

-J

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just going to pull the engine and tranny together. Think the issue is the car's Seattle WA history or some idiot at Ford went overkill with the impact wrench.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
jturmel said:
If you have two one foot extensions and a U-joint you can get to them all with a socket and put alot more torque on them. I did mine this way as they were pretty stuck on my 100k + motor.

-J
Never thought of that. I'll do that tomorrow and get it tighter than it is now, although I was able to get it nice, a little more wouldn't hurt.
-Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts