TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, greetings from Poland!
Some time ago i bought a 1995 Tbird with 4.6 engine. Unfortunately i found it strongly rusted and decided to buy another body. I got one and now i want to put my engine and trans there, but i'm not sure if i need to swap some other stuff to make it work.
Do these cars have any security system like an immobiliser or something like that, what could force me to swap an ignition switch for example? Can you tell me if there's enything to swap next to my engine and transmission?
I hope i wrote it all understandable for you :)
Thanks for the answers

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
If they are the same year and engine, that's all you need to swap.

You can swap anything else you want as far as interior parts, etc. :)

There's no factory system that needs any specific parts like the Mustangs do. (The Mustang system is called PATS. We don't have that.)

I'm happy you found one; Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the answer!

So i started removing parts and i faced a really annoying problem today - i cant unscrew a coolant drain plug. It won't move like it's stuck. I was told that sometimes to unscrew some drain plugs we need to move them clockwise. Is Thunderbird's plug one of that kind? Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong? Should i pull it or push it while trying to turn it? There's no easy access to that little damn thing and i'm just out of ideas how to unscrew it...

Thanks for help! :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Not sure if the 97's are different, but my stock drain plug was broken off. Someone must have overtightened it. I just pulled the lower hose to drain it. It will make a mess, use caution. Best of luck, maybe post a picture se we can see if anything is kluged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts