TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, well my check engine light has been on for a while ...

I was told by the magnificent gentlemen (joke) at Pep Boys that it was a MAF sensor. Fine. Tried cleaning it, didn't work. Still drove it for a while. Decided to just get it done -- bought the damn thing from Discount Auto Parts. Slap it on and the problem doesn't go away. I decided to look at my K&N ... its filthy! So, do the whole shebang and get it cleaned and oiled. Check engine light still on ...

My girlfriend has the car about 200 miles away from me now -- but im assuming maybe oil is on the MAF sensor now? What else could be the problem?

Thanks fellas.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
have those "magnificent gentlemen" read your code again and give you the actual code, not what they think is wrong. Then we can better asess the situation. Other than that advice I'm just as stmpified as you are :(
-Thomas

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
but reset the computer first, because if you didn't, the MAF code will still be in there, even if it's not a problem anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...I just need to figure out how to reset the code and tell my girlfriend how to do it. She took my Bird about 300 miles away. Off to searchin, I go. I didnt even think to reset the computer. Thanks guys. I'm gonna go searchin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts