TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I keep on hearing new lawsuits with which people are getting away. They seem to be getting more and more ubsurd. I recently heard that this lady sued an antique store because she tripped over a toddler in the store. As a result, she shattered her ankle. The toddler was HER son. She sued because the store did not keep track of children wandering about the store...

Of course everyone remembers the famous "My coffee was too hot!" story. What about the insurance company that was sued because they didn't want to pay for fire damage done to insured cigars (the owner smoked them)? Even though the insurance company lost that lawsuit, they countersued for arson and screwed the smart-a$$ right back.

Of course, one of the latest... My child is too fat because he eats McDonalds!!!

I always shunned these people because it seems like they are victims of their own stupidity. They are too lazy to get a real job, or they never take responsibility for their own mistakes...

The other day, something happened to me that ticked me off.

I decided I was going to open a can of "Campbell's Select" Vegetable-Beef soups. I noticed that the can had a sardine-can style lid to it, with a tab that punctures the top and is intended to be used to pull/tear the metal top part of the can back. The can even had INSTRUCTIONS on the top of the can, which I read prior to opening. I started to pull on the tab but it was resisting. As I pulled back harder on the tab, the damn cover tore loose and gashed my pinky finger open! What amazes me is that this happened to the same hand that was holding the tab. It wasn't even a slice-- it simply came at my finger so fast that it chopped right into it like a small axe right at the last knuckle.

I couldn't get a close picture because my digital camera gets blurry up close. The pic above is after I sopped up some of the blood, more than what is on the paper towel.

So... I don't consider myself a dumba$$ and I believe I know how to follow instructions. Where did I go wrong? I sincerely don't think I did. The fact that my lunch cut me pi$$es me off beyond belief. I'm not a wuss, and the fact that I can't bend my pinky because it will split the gash open doesn't bother me that much either. The bruised-like sensation is nothing unbearable. What *does* get me is that this is a product, designed to make life easier. However, instead of creating a can of soup with a standard can, which requires the tried and true can opener, Campbell Soups decided to put this flawed design on the shelves. I wonder if I am the only one that has been cut by their can.

I guess I just needed to rant. You never know how often you use a finger until you are unable to use it. My advice to you guys, stay away from these Campbell's Select products unless you use a can opener on the bottom end.

PJ

PS-- Maybe I should sue... It could save people from getting cut by their lunch in the future.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
McDonald's beat the fat kid. Dont' know what it cost them.

Not to say you'd lose.....

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
I was getting ready to boil the clams the other night, and 2 of them were stuck together pretty good, so I took hold of 'em and tore them apart. One of em got a piece of me..... took a nice chunk off the tip of my middle finger on my left hand.

I boiled and ate him afterwards... but do you think I could get a settlement??? maybe sue some large body of water???

PJ, I know what you're talking about man, I've almost cut myself a few times on those campbells cans. The only thing that has saved me so far is my cat-like reflexes :leftright

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
your an idiot
your a complete moron
are you dumb?

ohh add 2.2million for public humiliation. and i get a cut out of that. that extra .2mil

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Ouch....I WANT A HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND........but..we can settle outta court right now for 20 dollars. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts