TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled over about 20 minutes ago for "illegal screeching of tires" I COULDN"T BELIEVE IT!!! it was at one of the slickest intersections in the city, and i was going sooooooo lightly on the throttle... i'm pissed, any advice on how to argue it? or should i just get a lawyer? o, and sorry if i affended any t-bird owner/police... the cops around here are just such pricks though i swear... any advice would be great....

-j

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
that sucks man... the cops here are real bad too. i cant drive through my own city without getting tagged, and oftenly gettign pulled over. it also doesn't help that my family's cars are registered at my parent's buisness in downtown detroit... so by seeing that, cops tend to follow and try and catch them for something, anything, and pull you over, search your car, the whole ordeal. the cops here are so negative about detroit... its not THAT bad. -greg

·
Registered
263 Posts
hydrotica said:
I got pulled over about 20 minutes ago for "illegal screeching of tires" I COULDN"T BELIEVE IT!!! it was at one of the slickest intersections in the city, and i was going sooooooo lightly on the throttle... i'm pissed, any advice on how to argue it? or should i just get a lawyer? o, and sorry if i affended any t-bird owner/police... the cops around here are just such pricks though i swear... any advice would be great....

-j
Don't argue it. Just take it and move on. Does it suck? yea, is it your fault? yea. You could try to pay attention to your suroundings? Maybe not "screech" your tires around a cop? Just a few suggestions. :leftright

Happy motoring!

Oh, and don't refer to members of Law Enforcement as "stupid pigs." Not cool. I say this because one day you are going to need one.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
i'd fight it.... usually a court room appearance will at least reduce the ticket... i see it like this, if you plead guilty, you have to pay the ticket... if you plead not guilty and make an apperance.... you can at least bargain with the prosecutor which will end with a guilty plea, and a lesser fine, or maybe for something as simple as "chirping tires" you might get nollied... I got issued a ticket once for "Dangerous Movement" for lighting them up at a red light... and it got nollied.. My explanation was that I had just installed a Performance Shift-Kit and I was testing the gears out... I told them that I knew it was stupid and that I was totallty guilty for it, but that I didnt feel I deserved the ticket, because I was in a kinda dead area of town... I also brought in all my old Transgo Documentation.. Ive just recieved my 6th moving violation out of 8 now, that have been found Guilty.. All of them except two, I've argued and at least have gotten reduced... FIGHT IT!!!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yeah that is a pretty bum deal. I got stopped for the same thing but mine was because the guy just wanted to pull me over...I know for a fact I didn't do it. Basically I turned at a light and then stomped it hard till up to speed and let off. I think he saw this and since I wasn't speeding and I had "Thunderbird SC" on my bumper he though he had to pull me over. Then I guess when he got to the car and saw I only had a V6 NA his story changed...was a good laugh tho...

I once got a ticket for having my highbeams on at night too...which I didn't know where on. Could have paid the $70 in fees or go to court. I went to court and the judge droped it for it was stupid as crap.

If you go to court you have a good chance of getting stupid stuff dropped like your ticket. Maybe if you know some garage owners or something you can get them to write something up on your tire tread being shot or the trans..ect. Also a clean driving record helps a lot in cases like these also.

-Tim

Sleepr: I take it you're a cop? Settle down some man...it was just a comment, plus he's mad...

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Thats total BS.... how much was the ticket for anyway for the screeching of tires. They'll ticket people for anything. Whats next? Cops giving out tickets to other cops for "overindulgence of pasteries" heehee

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Lay off the cops man, they dont have the easiest jobs.

Look at the scum they have to deal with on a daily basis. When you work with those types for months/years/decades, you start to think of everyone the same way. Then people come out slamming the cops for this that and the other, and it makes them bitter. He was just doing his job, you might not have meant enything by the little screech, but because in the past some punk has done the same thing on purpose, he thinks you did the same. Bam you got busted for it. Count yourself lucky that he didnt bust you for reckless driving, which spinning tires can be considered.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, so i may have been outta line with the pigs comment, but yes, i was pissed as hell... i just sent in the request of trial petition attached to the ticket, so we'll see how that goes... its a $75 ticket, and looks like any other speeding ticket in illinois, so idno. i normally would just pay it, but if it jacks my rates up any higher i'd be done in... i have one other ticket on my record, 42 in a 35, but that was like last december... so idno, still debateing on wheather or not i need a lawyer, what'd ya think? thanks

-j

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
you can get something like probation, I don't remember the exact word for it, but basically, if you don't get another ticket for 6 months, they drop it, but if you do get a ticket, you have to deal with both.

DO NOT get something that says you have faulty equipment, that will only prove the cop right.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
here in NC it's called prayer for judgement

·
Registered
610 Posts
hydrotica said:

-j
1. Deal with it

2. Call cops doing their jobs pigs. Yea say that when somebody is breaking into your house.

3. Since it is the slickest intersection in the city and you know this, then YOU should have been more careful.

4. Situational awareness would have been helpful instead of driving with your head up your azz.

Jim Long

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree with Blown, deal with it. Put your foot to the floor and deal with the consequences. Buck up, dammit! You are responsible for your actions, deal with it.
GUN

·
8,239 Posts
I've gotten plenty of dumb tickets.

Passing on the right ($105)

Going out the in sign at a mcdonalds ($85)

Driving a rental car when not being listed on the rental contract ($75)

Avoiding a red light (I was going to buy gas, then realized I didn't bring any cash to pay for it, so i turned out of the gas station) ($75)

Driving a green thunderbird on a tuesday. ($1000.)

lol

Justin

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ummm, passing on the right is hardly illegal anywhere. The law for that is that the guy in the left lane is obstructing traffic, passing on the right is perfecty legal here

·
8,239 Posts
Tazer,
Don't tell my wallet that.

$75 ticket, plus $30 dollar mandatory court fee. The judge said he was letting me off easy by giving me no points on my license.

Niagara Falls police are the absolute worst, now I refuse to drive through their ghetto of a city.

Justin

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
passing on right is illegal here... my tickets consist of....

headlight out... about 4 times...
expired tags
tinted driver and passenger windows

things ive been pulled over for, not counting what i got the tickets for...
accelerating too fast
jumping a light
suspecting road rage (happened to be behind the same person for two blocks and a turn :rolleyes: )
cop thought i was drunk (i was doing 5 under trying to find a house while doing deliveries... and on both sides of the street, no visible address or light on so couldnt even judge where the house was)

i dont speed that much, and im careful about when i do... but i just wish theyd not care so much about some of the bs stuff and care more about the person doing 55 in a 35..... -greg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Get this, It was about last October and i just got my car out of the paint shop and got costum stripes you know the cop magnets. Thsi is dumb of me, i was in front of the Cop shop or whatever around 3 and they dont work at this time where i live. So haveing my paper liscensce and only been driving a couple weeks decided to fry my tires. It was wet out side so they burned pretty easy. I take off and like 10 minutes later i get pulled over. Im like what did i do. he asked me if i was squeling and i played dumb because i know he didnt see me becuase it took him long enough to pull me over. Then i finnaly tell him i did like he forced me to say it. i know he couldnt have heard it screetching because it was wet and i didnt even hear it. Get this he gives me a ticket for excessive noise LMAO. i paid it but fought it for no reason to see if he would show up and he did so i lost.

·
Registered
239 Posts
JustinH said:

Going out the in sign at a mcdonalds ($85)
Justin
sorry man..but that's hilarious..esp. 85 bucks. sounds kinda steep to me

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
ok, i already apologized about the pigs comment, and second, i was well aware of the surroundings, if you read the whole post you woulda seen that i barely even touched the throttle... the rear-end didn't swing out any, and i thought i was clear... i never heaRd it squeel, nothing. so before you try tellin me to get my head out've my "azz" get yurs str8 first... k?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alot of cops are A**holes. Just because they are on the side of the law doesn't make them honest. There are a lot of crooked cops. Was this a motorcycle cop? They are only the on street to give tickets.

I say fight the ticket. What more do you have to lose.

PS. I have the a lot of respect for real honest cops, so I am only bashing the bad ones.

Noe

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.