Parts consideration...

• Suspension Parts?

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Bracing/Mounting Parts?

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Other Custom Parts?

Votes: 5 23.8%
261 - 280 of 372 Posts
I just noticed the rear toe link compensators for the rear LCAs are not on rock auto. Are they obsolete now?
Bought most of RA's remaining rear suspension bushing inventory (toe link compensators included) for a customer last Fall. Good bushings don't need those anyway.

I filled mine out as well, I checked parts that I would really want more than others.

Discussion starter · #264 ·
I haven't filled it out because I am in not position to buy, but in the future I will be. I hope the fruits of this is still around when that time comes.
If you think you would buy some of those [most common/popular items] in 4-8 months, you can go ahead and fill it out. Nothing's gonna be produced within the next 2 weeks. :) Jigs are a critical component, so that is what will get developed first. Part of the reason for the form is to know, more or less, how much material I need to order. Getting two sticks of tubing at a time and having it shipped as need arises won't be very cost effective for anyone, but at the same time I realize I will have to order more than I need to have some over-head.

Discussion starter · #266 ·
No rush or anything, it when do yo think you will start doing anything? Really looking forward to a Heim strut rod
According to my the Parts Request Form Responses, only 3 people are interested in that. I'm not sure it's worth it to create a jig and do all the work for cheap labor. Now If I saw 10+ people interested or at least 5, then it would be worth it, even though I won't be charging a whole lot for my time, maybe $5/hr instead of my usual shop rate of $80/hr, it would be worth it in the sense of going through the trouble of setting it all up, buying materials, etc.

As for starting, 90% is prep work, and I'm cleaning up/organizing the garage so in essence I've already started :) But realistically maybe a couple months. Let's see how the Parts Request form looks like in April and we'll take it from there. If you really want one regardless of all that, and would like to have it sooner than later, that falls outside the scope of my offerings to work for "beer money". You can PM me and we can discuss what you need and how soon you need it so that can be reflected on your invoice. :)

Take my response with a grain of salt. Granted I didn't put much on there, but don't go making a jig for the stuff I marked off if I'm a asking for stuff that only comes from left field. :)

Modded longtubes to for our cars would sell.

Discussion starter · #271 · (Edited)
Take my response with a grain of salt. Granted I didn't put much on there, but don't go making a jig for the stuff I marked off if I'm a asking for stuff that only comes from left field. :)
Well who knows. It all depends what kind of demand there is for those items. The less labor-intensive items I could see producing with just a few people interested, but the more labor involved, more prep-time, more material needed in-advance, the less inclined I will be to produce said item unless there is a good size backing for them from people ready to pay.

Modded longtubes to for our cars would sell.
Yes, but those don't fall under the "work for beer money" category. :) Write a big enough check, and I'll drop everything and work on them. I don't think you can (or perhaps can, but wouldn't want to) write a check that would cover what that kind of request entails. Right now my time is valued at north of $2k for me to: drop everything and make you a set. Ball is in your court. Anyone game? Didn't think so, lol. :D Don't get me wrong, I still want to, but the time involved is what slowed that project down, especially when I moved up at my job/career and was inevitably given more responsibilities. All is not for naught, as I do ponder the easiest way to get them done without making them "in car" like I did the previous sets.

The strut rods are the big thing for me, that’s the only entry I filled out
Yea but they will be tubing, not solid rod, and will not be 'fully engineered" to meet your stringent demands 😅 Still interested, or do I delete the row on the response spreadsheet that contains your item? :LOL:

Yea but they will be tubing, not solid rod, and will not be 'fully engineered" to meet your stringent demands 😅 Still interested, or do I delete the row on the response spreadsheet that contains your item? :LOL:
I spoke with my lawyer, he knows how to work around the waiver question if they severely cripple me, so count me in lol

Discussion starter · #277 · (Edited)
Sorta. A few posts back I put up a Google Form where people could indicate their interests, so I can have a preliminary data collection in order to prioritize what I end up building first. What ever has the most votes (Yes's) and is more likely to have follow-through from the people that asked for that part, the higher the priority I can give it as I get closer to actually building stuff, perhaps within the next month or two.

Of course everyone needs to keep in mind that I don't get bulk pricing that a large established race shop would, and I don't have special shipping rates, so I don't have any control over that. My plan all along was to save people some money by not charging a whole lot for my own labor, only passing on materials and consumables costs and minimal mark-up.

so I recently came across this, would it be possible to put one on the kmember side big enough so the stock strut rod can slide in and be bolted on instead of the stock bushing?

so I recently came across this, would it be possible to put one on the kmember side big enough so the stock strut rod can slide in and be bolted on instead of the stock bushing?
Johnny Joints like that are intended for radial loading, not axial.

261 - 280 of 372 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.