9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Mark VIII (base) and I have done the following:

4.10 gears
Trac-Lock
One piece drive shaft
Exhaust
Modified the intake

And thank The Good Lord Above I still have a few hundred burning a hole in my pocket that my woman don't know about. So, I need your advice. Please.

What will give me more of a kick in the seat?

Jmod
SCT Calibrator
Pulleys
Or ________ (enter your suggestion there)

Car is very well maintained, purchased it from the Chief of Police and he had that thing maintained on our tax dollars (he admitted it) at the yard.

·
5,650 Posts
A high setting j-mod might snap you back on a shift, but I'd say spend the rest of your money on a tune. If you don't even have a tune, I can't see how your trans is shifting right with the gear change. You'd be hitting the rev limiter every time you go WOT, but the tune will correct that and give you a few more ponies to boot.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
J-mod and tranny cooler?

Jay

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Tune, most definitely. And not just any tune, but one by Lonnie at BlueOvalChips.com. He is a master.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
A good transmission and a converter. You haven't experienced the potential of a 4.6 engine unless you have a seriously high stall converter (3800+)
I wouldn't bother doing that on a stock transmission however it can be a huge waste of money. I'd suggest for an easy quick fix get a tune, but if you do what I suggest you will want to tune afterwards.
Alan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts